We process requests for information in accordance with the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987 (LGOIMA) and the Privacy Act 1993. These aim to balance issues of transparency and public interest with limits on the disclosure of personal information.
LGOIMA requests we consider to be of wider public interest, or which relate to a subject that has been widely requested, will be published on our website as they become available.
To protect the privacy of individuals, we will not generally publish personal information about individuals, or information that identifies individual requesters. Requests and responses may be paraphrased.
Thursday 11 January 2024 - LGOIMA responses
- Request for information from Tasman Democracy about our LGOIMA responses.
Thursday 11 January 2024 - Request on a variety of topics and issues
- This request for information covered a variety of issues, including the Ombudsman's report Open for Business, our senior leadership team and contractor costs.
Wednesday 13 December 2023 - In-committee meeting minutes
- Request for information from STUFF regarding the in-committee minutes of the Council's meeting on Tuesday 10 October.
Friday 27 October 2023 - Parking and visibility at Gore intersection
- Request for further information (re: 8 September LGOIMA Request) surrounding the Boughton St/Pomona St/Crombie St intersection at Gore.
Monday 9 October 2023 - Road contract information
- Request for information from Marketing Solution for the Council's current road maintenance contract with K2 Kontracting Limited.
Tuesday 3 October 2023 - In-committee meeting minutes
- Request for information from STUFF regarding the in-committee minutes of the Council's meeting on Tuesday 11 July.
15 September 2023 - Local Government Review proposal
- Request for information about the Council's Future for Local Government report, and whether we've acted on any of the five recommendations.
8 September 2023 - Crash statistics around an intersection in Gore
- Request for information about car collisions within 20 metres of the Boughton St/Pomona St/Crombie St intersection in the last 10 years.
2 August 2023 - Bottled water and flowers costs
- Request for information from New Zealand Taxpayers Union about costs for bottled water and flowers, and staff working remotely from overseas.
1 August 2023 - Correspondence about relationships and legal costs
- Request for information from RNZ for correspondence between 28 March and 23 June containing the words mediation, arbitration or facilitation, and legal costs.
- Request for information from Newshub about elected members' recollection of a meeting on 15 May; meetings between Mayor Bell, Cr Richard McPhail and the chief executive; correspondence between the deputy mayor and councillors about the resignation request of Mayor Bell; and advice received by Cr Keith Hovell and Cr Richard McPhail in relation to the resignation request of Mayor Bell.
17 July 2023 - Correspondence between the mayor and chief executive
- All correspondence relating to the relationship between Mayor Bell and CEO and restoring confidence in the Council, including correspondence between councillors and staff leading up to Tuesday 16 May.
7 July 2023 - Legal expenses incurred by elected members
- Request for information from STUFF about legal expenses since the local body election, legal budgets and the Council's legal advisors.
7 July 2023 - Legal expenses relating to a former employee
There are no LGOIMAs relating to this activity to date.
Wednesday 7 February 2024 - Animal Management statistics for 2023
- Request for the statistics from 2023 relating to dog control matters within the District.
Wednesday 24 January 2024 - District Licensing Committee decisions
- Request for information from the Alcohol Harm Reduction Project about alcohol licensing in our District.
Monday 30 October 2023 - East Gore Water Treatment Plant consent information
- Request for information from Town Planning relating to all resource consents and approvals relating to the establishment and operation of the East Gore Water Treatment Plant.
Tuesday 19 September 2023 - Building and Planning consent information
- Request for information relating to the average time for a consent to be processed; how many consents have sat with us for over six months; main cause of any delays; total costs including staffing of processing consents; and any plans to streamline the internal consenting process.
Thursday 8 February 2024 - Information to prepare for the 2024 Ratepayers' Report
- Request for information by the Taxpayers Union of average residential rates, average non-residential rates, employee statistics, audit and risk oversight, payments to third parties and debt during the 2022/23.
Thursday 11 January 2024 - Council debt
- Request for information about our debit and rating base.
Friday 15 December 2023 - Costs relating to any end-of-year festivities for 2022 & 2023
- Request for information by the Taxpayers Union of total costs relating to staff end-of-year bonuses, gifts, the Christmas Parade, staff events etc.
21 November 2023 - Total cost of mediation or legal advice relating to the Chief Executive
- Request for information by the Taxpayers Union of total costs relating to any mediation, staff time, legal advice or guidance relating to Gore District Council Chief Executive Stephen Parry over the last 12 months.
26 October 2023 - Budget variances and financial reporting procedures
- Request for information about variances in our budgets and our financial reporting procedures across a number of financial years.
27 October 2023 - Operational information of the Gore Aquatic Centre
- Request for information from Newshub relating to the Gore Aquatic Centre over the last three years, such as total closure days, opening hours, and health and safety requirements.