Water Tanker Fill Station
There is a water tanker a fill station in Waiau Street, Gore, for individuals and companies wanting to draw water from Gore's town supply.
We don't provide any equipment. The applicant is responsible for providing approved equipment to connect to the station, including:
- Water tanker fill point standpipe
- Valve key
The applicant is also responsible for the cost of any repairs to damage caused by incorrect use of the station.
Please immediately report any damage to or leaking from the station. Any water wastage from excessively leaking hoses and/or fittings may result in a permit being cancelled.
All staff using the fill station need to be trained and aware of the risks to the water reticulation associated with operating the station.
Terms and conditions for using the fill station
- The maximum rate for opening or shutting the station is one revolution per 15 seconds.
- The applicant must minimise any risk of contaminating the water supply.
- The applicant is responsible for any third party damage occurring as a result of using the station.
- The applicant is responsible for all appropriate traffic safety measures.
- No valve within the Gore or Mataura water reticulation network will be operated.
- The applicant must be able have a copy of the approved application when drawing water, and be able to provide it on request if required.
- Water carriers will be billed in accordance with the Infrastructure Fees and Charges schedule.
- The applicant must contact the Council, phone 209 0330, each time they draw water and provide details about how much water has been taken. This information should also be emailed monthly to [email protected]