This page contains information about the notification of resource consent applications and details of those currently open for submission and/or being dealt with.
What is a Notified Consent?
There are two types of notified resource consent applications:
Fully Notified – allows any person to lodge a submission in support and/or opposition, or to indicate a neutral position with respect to an application.
The public in general are notified if:
- the activity will have or is likely to have adverse effects on the environment that are more than minor; or
- the applicant requests it; or
- a rule or national environmental standard requires public notification.
In addition, we may choose to publicly notify the application if:
- regardless of any other matters, there are special circumstances (s95A(4))
- a notification decision has not been made and a further information request is not responded to before the deadline concerned or the applicant refuses to provide the information requested (s95C).
The decision to notify an application will be made within 10 days of it being lodged with the Council.
We will place a public notice on this website and in the media. We also display a sign or signs on the site the applications related to, and send a copy of the application to affected parties.
Limited Notified – notice of the application is served on all persons who the Council considers to be affected by a proposal, allowing only those persons identified as affected to lodge a submission.
Note: Persons who have been identified as affected and have provided their written approval, do not need to be served notice, and cannot lodge a submission.