This page contains information about the notification of resource consent applications and details of those currently open for submission and/or being dealt with.
What is a Notified Consent?
There are two types of notified resource consent applications:
Fully Notified – allows any person to lodge a submission in support and/or opposition, or to indicate a neutral position with respect to an application.
The public in general are notified if:
- the activity will have or is likely to have adverse effects on the environment that are more than minor; or
- the applicant requests it; or
- a rule or national environmental standard requires public notification.
In addition, we may choose to publicly notify the application if:
- regardless of any other matters, there are special circumstances (s95A(4))
- a notification decision has not been made and a further information request is not responded to before the deadline concerned or the applicant refuses to provide the information requested (s95C).
The decision to notify an application will be made within 10 days of it being lodged with the Council.
We will place a public notice on this website and in the media. We also display a sign or signs on the site the applications related to, and send a copy of the application to affected parties.
Limited Notified – notice of the application is served on all persons who the Council considers to be affected by a proposal, allowing only those persons identified as affected to lodge a submission.
Note: Persons who have been identified as affected and have provided their written approval, do not need to be served notice, and cannot lodge a submission.
Limited Notified Application - Kāinga Ora Homes and Communities
Section 95B of the Resource Management Act 1991, provides that only parties served with Limited Notifications are permitted to make a formal submission.
Notice of this application has been served on all persons identified as being adversely affected and allows only those persons to lodge a submission.
Submissions must be received no later than the submission closing date.
If you have been notified of this application and would like to make a submission, the Form 13 can be downloaded below.
Submissions can be posted, dropped in to 29 Bowler Ave or emailed to [email protected] addressed to Joanne Skuse.
- Land Use Assessment of Effects
- Subdivision Assessment of Effects
- Engeo Report
- Record of Title
- Architectural Plans
- Landscape Plan
- Pre-application Notes
- Civil Design Report
- Transport Assessment
- Geotechnical Report
- Wastewater & Stormwater Modelling
- Water Modelling
- Council Request for Further Information
- Application Form
- Scheme Plan
- Titles & Legal Instruments
- Design Query Response
- Updated Plans and Elevations
- Contaminated Land Reports
- Soil Sampling and Analysis Plan
- Traffic Response
- Project Safety Environmental Plan
- Second Geotechnical Report
- Planning Response to Further Information
Power Farming Holdings Ltd
Power Farming Holdings Ltd has been given a resource consent to establish a farm machinery business at 40 Charlton Lane, adjacent to State Highway 1 at the southern entrance to Gore.
The applicant had applied for land use consent to locate a farm machinery sales business with an on site workshop and part division in the Industrial Zone. Consent was further sought to remove two trees, listed as Notable Trees in the District Plan, from the site.
The consent was granted subject to conditions. These include:
- The company provides the Gore District Council with two seedlings germinated from seeds collected from the two monkey puzzle trees.
- These seeds are to be planted on Council reserve with a plaque describing the history and significance of the trees. The plaque is to be funded by Power Farming Holdings.
- The company must also pay $18,000 to the Council’s parks department. The money will be used to plant 70 trees in an open area on the eastern side of the Gore-Mataura highway.
For details about the application and supporting documents please follow this link to our Let's Talk engagement HQ.