Scam Protection Workshop
Our Ready for Living team, alongside Connected Eastern Southland and Neighbourhood Support, is hosting a free scam prevention workshop.
Join us as we cover what common scams look like, what to be aware of and how to protect yourself and your whānau from scammers. Speakers include NZ Police, IRD and ANZ Bank.
The workshop is on Tuesday 28 November from 10:00am - 11:30am at the James Cumming Community Centre.
RSVP to Connected Eastern Southland by 23 November on 208 8480 or email [email protected].
Free Parking for Christmas Shopping
Looking to get a head start on your Christmas shopping? Keep these dates in mind to enjoy FREE parking.
- Every weekend in December
- Thursday 7 December - late night CBD shopping
- Monday 18 December until Saturday 23 December
The free parking applies to metered spaces only and for a maximum of two hours.
Meetings are held in the Council chambers, 29 Bowler Avenue, Gore, unless stated otherwise. All meetings, except those in-committee, will be livestreamed on our YouTube channel.
Tuesday 28 November
- The Assets and Infrastructure committee will meet, starting at 4:00pm.
Wednesday 29 November
- The Community Wellbeing committee will meet, starting at 4:00pm. This has been rescheduled from the previously advertised Tuesday 28 November.
Tuesday 5 December
- The Audit and Risk committee will meet, starting at 4:00pm.
Tuesday 19 December
- The Council will meet for its monthly ordinary meeting, starting at 4:00pm.
Agendas for all meetings, except those in-committee, are available on our Agendas & Minutes page.
Special alcohol licence:Those requiring a special alcohol licence must submit their applications by the following dates
- For events in December, apply by Friday 3 November
- For events in January 2024, apply by Friday 17 November
- For events in February 2024, apply by Friday 1 December
Building and resource consents: Those requiring building or resource consents before Christmas holidays should lodge their applications by Friday 17 November to ensure they are processed before the office closes for Christmas.
Flush water before drinking
The Ministry of Health recommends flushing a mugful of water from your drinking water tap each morning, before use, to remove any traces of metals from the plumbing fittings that may have dissolved.
This simple precaution is recommended for all households in the District, whether on public or private water supplies, as trace metals in water can pose a small risk to your health.