Closing the Gaps
Closing the Gaps delivers sustainable employment for young people in the Gore District. It also helps connect employers with potential employees and with funding.
- Supports people aged 16-24 years seeking work.
- Supports people of any age who have been displaced by COVID-19 in their search for new employment.
- Supports people with health and/or disability challenges in their search for employment.
- Provides practical skills development including interviewing and job search techniques, resume writing and pathway planning.
- Connects potential employees with employers.
- Funds employers up to $6500 to support their employment. Funding can be used to cover employee and compliance costs such as safety equipment, tools, training, and wages.
Who delivers Closing the Gaps?
We are contracted by Local Government New Zealand to deliver Closing the Gaps for the community.
There are four key partners: Mayor’s Taskforce for Jobs, Ministry of Social Development, and the Council.
The shared vision is for all young people under 25 to be engaged in appropriate education, training, work, or positive activity in their communities.