Eastern Southland Gallery
Established in a former Carnegie Library building, the Eastern Southland Gallery includes the John Money Wing, featuring the remarkable collection of expatriate New Zealander Dr John Money.
Within the Wing you can experience work by:
- Theo Schoon,
- Rita Angus (NZ),
- Lowell Nesbitt (USA),
- Bambarra, Dogon and Baga carvings from West Africa, and
- Paintings and carvings from Elcho Island (Australia).
The Gallery is home to one of the largest collections of works by major contemporary NZ artist Ralph Hotere.
There is also a steady flow of temporary exhibitions to whet any art lovers appetite. Check out the latest exhibition on the Gallery's website.
Admission: Free - donations appreciated
- Monday to Friday: 10:00am - 4:30pm
- Weekends and Public Holidays: 1:00pm - 4:00pm
- Closed: New Years Day, Good Friday, Christmas Day and Boxing Day
The Eastern Southland Gallery is located on the corner of Hokonui Drive and Norfolk Street. It is a feature of Gore's heritage precinct.