24 October 2014

Christmas deadline fast approaching

The festive season may seem a long way off but if you are organising an event and want to sell alcohol, or have some DIY planned, you need to think about lodging the relevant applications soon.

Special licence applications to sell alcohol and building consent applications need to lodged with the Council by Friday 21 November to make sure they are processed before the Christmas/New Year break.

Special licences must be made at least 20 working days before the event is held. The definition of a ‘working day’ does not include weekends.

If you are holding an event between mid January/late February please have your application in by the start of December to ensure it is processed before we close for the Christmas/New Year break.

Find out more about special licences and download an application form here, or call our Licensing Inspector Frances Shepherd on (03) 209 0330.

Building consent applications

The 21 November deadline for building consent applications is also to ensure there’s plenty of time to get it in order and processed before we close for the Christmas break. Unfortunately, incomplete applications may not be accepted. Even if an application is accepted, its processing may be suspended if further information is required.

There's more information on our building consent page or you can phone our building team on (03) 209 0330.

Gore District Council 29 Bowler Avenue Gore P: 03 209 0330 E: