Make a formal complaint

We appreciate your feedback. It is an opportunity for us to learn and improve our services.


When to make a formal complaint

You can make a formal complaint if you have concerns about:

  • Our action or lack of action
  • A decision we’ve made
  • The standard of service you have received from our staff or contractors 


What is not a formal complaint

Formal complaints should not include:

  • Noise complaints
  • Rubbish or recycling complaints
  • Reporting a problem


How to make a formal complaint

You can make a formal complaint by filling out our complaints form.

If you want to write to us, make sure you include: 

  • your first and last name
  • your contact phone number
  • a detailed description of your complaint
  • any council reference numbers you have that relate to the problem
  • the names of any council staff you have been dealing with
  • copies of any letters, photographs or emails that are relevant to the problem

You can also send it to

Post: Gore District Council
  Customer Service
  PO Box 8
  Gore 9740


What Happens Next

We will resolve issues in a way that is timely, professional and courteous. We will investigate your complaint thoroughly and impartially.

We will let you know that we have received your complaint within three working days and you will get a response in 10 working days.

We will contact you if we need more time to resolve the issue.


If we can't resolve the issue together

If we have completed a review and you still feel we have been unfair in how we have dealt with your complaint, you can contact the Office of the Ombudsman.

It will impartially review the processes we have followed when dealing with your complaint.

Gore District Council 29 Bowler Avenue Gore P: 03 209 0330 E: