We support youth in the District through our Youth Council. We recognise young people as valued contributors to society, giving them space to participate, assume agency and take responsibility.
Each year young people are selected to be the voice of their peers. The Youth Council organises a variety of events throughout the year and works with Councillors and staff to initiate and support programmes.
The Youth Council consists of:
- Young people aged between 12 to 24 years
- A maximum membership of 21 young people, with 10 representing the Gore District at large and 11 from local secondary schools and Longford Intermediate. We encourage students and people from the community to be a part of the council.
Members are required to:
- Attend Youth Council meetings at three weekly intervals
- Be available to attend other training and meetings that may occur
- Contribute to the planning of events held throughout the year
- Pass Youth Council information on to their networks
- Assist the Council to canvass youth views
The Youth Council is involved a various events and fund raising activities throughout the year. These include:
- Supporting and planning Gore Youth Awards
- Youth Week events
- Attend ANZAC dawn service
Make a donation
If you want to make a donation for one of the youth councillors fundraising, please use our easy online payment form. Here is the link.
2022 Youth Council
Olivia Crawford – chair
JB Acuna – vice-chair