Gore Ward By-Election Candidates
Six people have put their hands up for the vacant seat on the Gore District Council.
The by-election for the Gore ward follows the resignation of long-standing councillor Brett Highsted.
The candidates are:
- Alan Byrne - nominated by Karl Metzler & Kevin Hammond
- Steven Hamlin - nominated by Marilyn Mould & Kevin Ryan
- Andy Fraser - nominated by Michael O'Neill QSM & Trina Routhan
- Brendon Burgess - nominated by Yvonne Parks & John Caughey
- Liz Adams-Gray - nominated by Timothy Bradley & Veronica Adams
- Reuben Turipa - nominated by Betty Marsh & Terence Stott
The by-election will be conducted by postal voting using the First Past the Post electoral system. Voting opens on Wednesday 21 June and will close at 12 noon, on Thursday 13 July .
Gore residents can check they are on the Gore ward electoral roll at the Council’s main office or Gore Library.
Voters living in the Gore ward not listed on the final electoral roll for the by-election can enrol or amend their enrolment details:
- Online at www.vote.nz
- By texting your name and address to 3676 to get a form sent to you
- By calling 0800 36 76 56 to ask for a form to be sent to you
- By email request to [email protected].
Gore Ward ratepayers who live outside the Gore Ward and are not on the electoral roll for this by-election can enrol using a ratepayer enrolment form, available on the Council’s website or from its office.
Enrolments must be completed before Wednesday 12 July. Special votes can be cast at the main office between Wednesday 21 June and 12 noon, Thursday 13 July.