Mower Operator - Parks & Recreation
Job TypeFull Time
Closing1 Oct 2023, 5:00 pm
The Parks and Recreation team wants to add to our exciting mowing team based in Gore. As a team member, you will be responsible for tasks associated with parks, playgrounds, gardens, cemeteries, and turf maintenance.
About the role
We are looking for reliable and motivated individuals who will be responsible for general parks and grounds maintenance, including (but not limited to) mowing, weed eating, basic mechanical maintenance of plant, and overall ensuring that the grounds look well presented at all times. This is a varied, physical role upkeeping our local community, where you will be a highly valued team member.
- Previous mowing experience with a range of ride-on mowers is preferred but not necessary,
- A full, current driver's license with the ability to drive a manual and wheels endorsement is essential - even better if you have a class 2,
- You will enjoy working outside and get great satisfaction from a job well done,
- A good level of physical fitness,
- You must be reliable, meticulous and have an organised approach to work with the ability to follow instructions.
- Basic computer skills, and
- Have effective communication skills and have the ability to comply with health and safety requirements.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in New Zealand.
For more information, please contact Parks and Recreation Manager Keith McRobie at [email protected].
Applications close at 5:00pm, Sunday 1 October.
Download the job description and apply now!