Job TypeFixed Term
Closing11 Feb 2023, 5:00 pm
The Gore District Council plays an active role in creating an environment that encourages and supports the community in promoting and planning council and non-council events.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Events Assistant to join the Council’s team. You will support our Events Coordinator in planning, organising, and promoting a range of local and destinational events.
This is a Fixed-Term role for 12 months.
We are looking for someone with:
- Experience in event organisation, sponsorship/fundraising, and/or administration
- A ‘can do’ attitude and ability to get things done.
- Flexibility – some weekend and evening work will be required
- Good organisation, planning and communication skills
- Basic computer skills, comfortable in writing web content and use of social media
- Ability to adapt to a wide range of roles within the team.
The role is part-time, 25 hours per week. Applicant must be available to work weekends and evenings on event delivery days.
Applicants must have a permanent right to live and work in New Zealand.
Enquires to GM People & Culture Nicky Cooper at [email protected].