Wastewater Pipeline Renewal Project
Friday 26 May
Our contractor has removed most of the traffic management in below area as KiwiRail begins its work on this project over the railway tracks.
We'll have further updates about the team returning to SH1 as the railway work nears completion.
Wednesday 24 May
Here’s a progress update as we lay 900mm of new concrete pipeline from Hyde Street to the Eccles / Ardwick street intersection:
- The southbound lane has been widened, which means no pedestrian access or parking along this strip
- The northbound lane has been widened, which means no parking outside the Eccles Street playground
- Road users can’t turn right onto SH1 from Eccles Street
- Road users can’t turn right onto Eccles Street from SH1
- Traffic in this area is reduced to 30kms/hr
At this stage, this traffic plan will be in place until early next week.
If this is your normal route to work/school/sports please use a different route if possible to reduce congestion 👌
Monday 22 May
This morning marked the beginning of stage two of our project to replace one of Gore’s largest and most critical wastewater pipelines.
Contractors will now begin to lay the new 900mm pipeline from Hyde Street to connect with an existing pipeline at the Eccles/ Ardwick street intersection.
Here’s some more info:
- Traffic in the yellow zone is reduced to 30 kms/hr
- There’s no pedestrian or parking access within the red zone
- We removed the tree outside of Harcourts as it was directly above the pipeline
A reminder the Hyde Street heavy traffic bypass is open and must be the route for heavy traffic both north and southbound.
We estimate work in this section of SH1 to take about a week, but we will keep you updated.