Our Services at Alert Level 2
Under Alert Level 2 our facilities will reopen. However, there are a few rules in place to protect our staff and customers, and to meet Government requirements.
At all facilities, please remember:
- Stay two metres away from other customers and staff
- Wearing a face covering is mandatory for everyone aged 12 years and over (unless you have an exemption)
- You must record your visit by scanning the QR code or signing in
Gore Aquatic Centre
The Gore Aquatic Centre is open Monday to Friday 6:00am - 8:00pm, and weekends 10:00am - 6:00pm
- Bookings only required for the leisure pool
- Max 4 people per lane in the main and leisure pools
- Hydrotherapy pool open, two people per clover (max six, must sit at marked spaces), limited to 15 minutes per person.
- Family changing rooms open, showers not available
- Tuesday evening aquarobics resumes Tuesday 19 October. Early bird classes will resume on Wednesday 20 October
- Aquarobics morning sessions start Monday 27 September, max 12 people per class, bookings essential
- Swimming lessons are cancelled for the remainder of Term 3. Will resume with holiday lessons, max four students per class
- A limited swim school lesson timetable has been created, bookings open Monday 27 September.
- Shark Squad training will continue during opening hours. However, sessions will continue to be restricted by numbers. The Shark Squad coach will contact students with changes.
- Aqua classes will continue and bookings will be required.
- No group bookings.
Not available for public use are:
- All inflatables
- All hire equipment
- Leisure pool slide
If we are still in COVID Delta Alert Level Two restrictions, we will close for public swimming from 3:00pm – 6:00pm for swim school and squad training, and reopen to the public from 6:00pm to 8:00pm. Play time before and after swimming lessons will not be available.
MLT Event Centre
- Bookings essential
- Customers must book for court use and must include warm up and cool down times.
- Bookings to be paid in full on the day by one person, before the group enters the stadium.
- Stadium users must have their own water/drinks and ice packs.
- Team coaches must complete contact tracing for their teams.
- Tennis, Pickleball, Laser Tag and Archery Tag allowed.
- Limited seating
- Spectator bookings: must seek permission and confirmation from the stadium coordinator at the time of booking.
- Masks need to be worn to the activity you are taking part in and removed only while participating, then reapplied before leaving
The following is not available:
- Gallery seating
- Changing rooms
Gore Library hours
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9:30am – 5:00pm
- Wednesday 9:30am - 8:00pm
- Saturday 10:15am - 1:00pm
Mataura Library hours are Monday to Friday 10:00am – 5:00pm
- Children under 12 stay home if possible
- 20 minute visiting time limit
- Visitor numbers will be limited
- Return borrowed items via the after-hours returns slot
- Contactless payment only
- Wifi is available
- Computers available - 15 minute time limit
- Newspapers available - 20 minute time limit
Library call and collect/deliver service
- If you are unable to visit the library, phone 203-9129 or email [email protected] to request a loan selection to be prepared and make a time to collect.
- If you can’t leave children alone at home, are housebound, elderly or vulnerable, we can deliver your books, please phone to arrange.
There are many resources you can access online. Follow this link to access these.
Playgrounds and parks
All playgrounds, parks, and Dolamore Park are open.
The Gore Transfer Station will operate at normal opening hours. There will be contactless payment only. The Mataura Transfer Station will remain closed.
If you'd like to learn more about minimising waste, the Ministry for the Environment has some really useful information on its website - here's the link.
Gore Visitor Centre
The Gore Visitor Centre will reopen on Wednesday, it will operate at normal hours.
Our main office reopens on Wednesday, normal hours.
Eastern Southland Gallery
The Gallery reopens on Thursday (9 Sept), normal hours