Awards toast all sectors of the community
It is not often a community comes together on an annual basis to celebrate the achievements of individuals and groups. However, for the past five years the Gore district has done just that.
The Gore District Community Awards offers a unique opportunity to toast all sectors of the community - the young and old, sporting and artistic, environmentally conscious and customer service focused.
This year is no different with nine awards to be presented at the gala dinner, to be held on 26 October. Making it a truly inspiring occasion will be this year’s special guest speaker All Blacks World Cup winning coach Sir Graham Henry.
The Council is presently calling for nominations for the awards and encourages people to ensure those who deserve recognition get it. If you have received great service from a local business, know of a group or individual helping look after our environment, or someone who has shown outstanding qualities in some aspect of their lives, then they probably qualify as a nominee.
The nine categories this year are
- Gore District Civic Award
- J D Souness Young Achiever of the Year
- Hovell Environmental Planning Contribution to the Environment
- Gore Operatic Society Emerging Performing Artist Award
- Soroptimist International of Gore Woman of Year
- Eastern Southland Junior Sportsperson of the Year
- Eastern Southland Services to Sport Award
- Newslink-Southland Times-Eastern Southland Chamber of Commerce Customer Service Award
- Contribution to Arts and Culture
Nominations for these awards close on August 31. Nomination forms can be collected from the Gore District Council offices or downloaded below.
Map of Eligible Area (PDF, 927KB)
Gore District Civic Award
J D Souness Young Achiever of the Year
Hovell Environmental Planning Contribution to the Environment
Gore Operatic Society Emerging Performing Artist Award
Soroptimist International of Gore Woman of Year
Eastern Southland Junior Sportsperson of the Year
Eastern Southland Services to Sport Award
Newslink-Southland Times-Eastern Southland Chamber of Commerce Customer Service Award
Contribution to Arts and Culture
|Now 10.1 °C||4°C to 12°C|